Are you livestreaming yet?
For many it’s hard to get going, you don’t know what you should say, have the fear that no one will watch and worse still if they do, laugh at you. Believe me, I know how you feel, I also know you are not alone. Many of the fantastic speakers we have and even some of our more confident delegates share the same anxieties when it comes to going live.
Our co-founder Lucy Hall wanted to get back into Livestream and found it hard, strange given she was one of the first regularly using periscope daily when it first came out. What changed? Quite simply life did, after giving birth to a second daughter and feeling unconfident it became harder and harder to get back in front of the camera.
To keep accountable Lucy set up a private group “the 14-day Livestream challenge” and began the second phase of her Livestream journey. What has been remarkable is how many of us feel the same, we want to go live but don’t have the confidence. This group is completely free, the only thing you will get is accountability and support.
If you want to build up the confidence to go live, and become consistent at it, take up the 14-day challenge
Beginner Livestreaming tips:
Sometimes all you need is a little push in the right direction! Here are a few tips to get you going, everyone has a style, embrace it.
- For the first few broadcasts, think about what you want to say, to help yourself out make your first broadcast an introduction, tell everyone who you are, why you are livestreaming and what you hope to get out of it.
- Don’t get hung up on numbers, focus on your story as people will also watch it after.
- Engage with people who join in, acknowledge them and ask questions as well as answer them.
- Be yourself
- Enjoy it
- Give people warning and let them know in advance if you are going to do it regularly, pick the same time if you can.
- Make sure you have a good signal, nothing worse than a bad WiFi connection to interrupt your flow
We look forward to seeing you live!