We all put a lot of thought into which events we attend, let’s face it it can be a minefield with so many events going on at any given time looking for the right event can be mindblowing, is it value for money, will I learn anything, who will I meet, so why should I bother with SocialDay?
If you work in or around social media marketing then this event is for you! In fact, it’s been built and designed for you. Going back a few years Lucy our co-founder had been working in social media management and wanted to find an event that gave her some insight and practical help in her role. Disappointingly she could not find one, most events were full of cheap tactics, 10 steps to success or just covered the basics, she got all that (as do you). What she craved was an event that showed her what other marketers are doing, she wanted the Social Networks to attend and tell her what was new (rather than seeing the same old press releases that get shared or the internet getting angry with the latest changes). she wanted an event that gives you an opportunity to talk directly to the social networks, your peers and learn some things you actually did not know!
SocialDay was born!!!
Fast forward and we now have an event that covers 3 days, and over 40 topics, we produced a survey last year to find out what the key issues for our guests were and here are some of the common themes:
- We know what we should be doing, the issue is getting the client to implement
- Our brand guidelines are stopping us from being creative
- Algorithms and reach, I just can’t keep up
- Worried about the effectiveness of Influencer Campaigns
- Need support with strategy
- We know we need to do more Social Media, and integrate better with traditional media
- I’d like to know what the future of social media holds
- How do I scale my agency
- I would like to hear from people who have done this stuff, not just talk about it from someone else’s book for a living
- How to build communities, and keep them
All of our delegates are working with clients or for companies and are actively performing in the role of Social Media Marketer (apart from the aspiring students who we welcome)
This is not an event that is covering the basics, our guests know how to use these excellent marketing tools, in fact, most of out delegates could talk at other events on the topic, if your looking for the basics then this is not for you.
Where else can you get 3 days of training from some of the most successful individuals and companies in Social Media Marketing:
- Bruce Daisley – Head of TWITTER EMEA
- Dean Johnson – Head of Innovation, BrandWidth
- Ed Couchman – Head of Agencies – FACEBOOK
- Jana Damanhouri – Head of Social JUNGLE CREATIONS (VT and Twisted)
- Sean King – CEO – SevernC3
- Lisa Jenkins – Editor – Social Media Examiner
- Adam Barnett – Client Services Director, ITN Productions
- Florie-Anne Virgile – Chief Operating Officer, Citizen Press UK
- Andrew & Pete – Global Content speakers (SMMW18)
- Lee Wilcox – CEO – On the Tools
- Victoria Taylor – Founder Untwisted Media
- Samantha Kelly – The Tweeting Goddess
- Kevin Gibbons – Managing Director, BlueGlass
- Authentic Alex – Official top contributor on LinkedIn
- Daniel Knowlton – Co-Founder KPS Digital Marketing
- William Bonidido – McDonalds Social Media Editor
- Sarah Jones – Head of Media, Birmingham University
- Katie King – Artificial Intelligence, Author and speaker
- Nic McCarthy – Chief Creative Officer, Seven
- Teresa Heath Waring – Founder THW
- Harry Hugo – Co-Founder The Goat Agency)
- Dominic McGregor – Co-Founder and COO-Social Chain
- Lukasz Zelezny – Director of organic growth uSswitch, Zoopler and Prime Location
- Robert Craven – Author, Grow your digital agency
- Dominic McGregor – COO – Social Chain
- Qasim ‘Cas’ Majid – Founder – Wow Zone
- Craig Fox – Influencer
- Mark Williams – LinkedIn Trainer
The full programme will be announced shortly (sessions can be viewed here), we still have more fantastic sessions to announce!
All events are an investment, both in time out of the office and the cost of attendance, the killer question is will you see a return on that investment?
We think so, but don’t take our word for it! You can find several independent reviews here at the bottom of the page, also check out the twitter #SocialDayUK and you will see what delegates have had to say about the quality of the sessions in real time at the previous events. For the cost of a ticket, you will be hard pressed to find this level of training, at the price point of the ticket for this three-day festival!
If you want 3 days of training from some of the worlds biggest brands, you want to interact with those running the worlds biggest social networks, meet like-minded individuals and listen to cutting-edge debates, book your SocialDay ticket today.
We hope to see you on the 30th May – 1st June